Re: question about extending Tramp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: question about extending Tramp
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 21:36:38 +0200

> Some utility functions I have (re)written, which could have been shared
> with tramp.el (tramp-smb-time-less-p, tramp-smb-time-subtract). I was
> simply too lazy for that - maybe it can be unified now?

That would be useful.

But I would like to factor out the default Tramp handler into its own
file, tramp-sh.el, so that tramp.el contains just the dispatching
code.  Please mark the functions such that it is clear that they are
used by tramp-smb, too.  Then, they can be factored out to tramp-util
or somesuch, instead of tramp-sh.

Thanks!
--
~/.signature