Re: question about extending Tramp

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: question about extending Tramp
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:32:39 -0400

On Wed, 02 Jul 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> One of the advantages you get with an imap file handler is that you
> can tell Gnus to auto-save drafts to the imap server.  That is
> something that people have been asking for.

I have these other Gnus-related goals in mind for IMAP file storage:

- the Gnus registry

- the Gnus newsrc file, or portions thereof

- score files, kill files

Of course, people can use it for other purposes.  For instance, to
share files through ANONYMOUS IMAP logins, or to do remote file
storage when SCP, FTP, and other file transfer methods are not
available.

Ted