Re: Tramp on Windows with plink?

From: lawrence mitchell
Subject: Re: Tramp on Windows with plink?
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 21:56:51 +0100

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> Is there anyone besides Bruce Ingalls using Tramp on Windows with
> plink?  He reports that the plink password prompt eats the last two
> characters sent, so (setq tramp-password-end-of-line "xx") actually
> works for him.  Note that this value contains neither \r nor \n!

> I think others have tried plink before, and I got no such reports
> from them.

I used to use plink, however, I generally used an out-of-band
method, such as pscp.  Also, I have ssh-agents set up on all the
hosts I use, so I never have to look at password prompts, so I
don't recall any problems with password prompts.

I don't have time atm (8 university exams in the next 2 weeks),
but I might be able to debug this in a few weeks.

--
lawrence mitchell <address@hidden>