Re: tramp (); Problems accessing files via ftp

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: tramp (); Problems accessing files via ftp
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 12:12:02 +0200

> If I take Emacs 21.2 as-it-is, the problem still exists. Applying
> ange-ftp.el from Emacs CVS, the problem disappears. So it must have
> been solved already in the Emacs HEAD.

The ange-ftp.el in HEAD abstains from frobbing
file-name-handler-alist.

Maybe it is really true that there were problems with making sure
that the right values are in file-name-handler-alist.  It would be
useful to make sure that Tramp removes ange-ftp from
file-name-handler-alist.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)