Re: Makefiles changed

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Makefiles changed
Date: 24 Mar 2003 11:22:08 +0100

Tim Connors <address@hidden> writes:

> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

In the CVS, there are only source files. 'configure` is generated by
autoconf. It's mentioned in README-CVS, but not so clear. I'll precise
it tonight (and maybe it should be mentioned in the INSTALL as well).

On the other hand, 'configure` will be contained in the tar-ball,
starting with next Tramp release.

> Also, is there a reason why .cvsignore contains ./configure?

Yes. CVS shall ignore 'configure`.