Re: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: filename completion ntemacs cygwin latest tramp - problem with eieio ?
Date: 01 Feb 2003 14:09:24 +0100

"Thomas Haselberger" <address@hidden> writes:

> dont know what happens there; but anyway, as requiring ange-ftp before tramp
> does the trick I'll probably stop investigating here (even if I'm not
> satisfied with the results and still curious what happens ).

Finally, it seems like speedbar is the root of the problem. It
requires ange-ftp silently. You can check it yourself with the
following lines in your .emacs:

(require 'tramp)
(message "after tramp: %s" file-name-handler-alist)
(require 'speedbar)
(message "after speedbar: %s" file-name-handler-alist)

As workaround, you need to require either ange-ftp or (better)
speedbar before Tramp. I'll contact the maintainer of speedbar in
order to fix it. Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if Tramp is integrated in
speedbar, too?