2.0.26 released

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: 2.0.26 released
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 22:50:40 +0100

This version is almost exclusively composed of changes by Michael
Albinus.  Great work, Michael!

This version supports `plugins' for foreign completion methods, so to
speak.  The previous special-casing for Ange-FTP was removed and is
now factored out into its own file.

A new plugin for using smbclient has been added.  This means you can
use Tramp to access remote SMB servers -- isn't that cool?  (I don't
have an SMB server to access, but I think it's cool.)

And then there are some minor changes in order to fix bugs.

Alas, I haven't had time (yet!) to incorporate Francis' patch for
VC/CVS support.  Sorry, Francis.

Also, I'm wondering whether people who have observed bugs before could
try this version.  I'm afraid there's no way around investigating the
bug regarding Ange-FTP, it won't go away magically.  But there is
always hope :-)

Pick it up from Savannah.  It should also be available from
ls6-ftp.cs.uni-dortmund.de (no passive ftp) and from
patty.informatik.uni-duisburg.de (host name will change, mirror
happens some hours from now).

Let the bug reports flow!