Re: Crazy idea: generate a pseudo-random value for tramp-end-of-output

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Crazy idea: generate a pseudo-random value for tramp-end-of-output
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:11:55 +1000

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Francis Litterio wrote:
> Here's a crazy solution to the issue where the string "/////" cannot
> appear in the output of a remote command:

[...]

> Now, every Emacs session gets a cryptographically secure random value
> for tramp-end-of-output. The liklihood of it appearing in the output
> of a remote command is very small.
>
> I've tested it, and it works. I'm not submitting a patch, because it's
> kinda crazy. Comments?

It's not crazy; it's something that I did myself when I was last working
on TRAMP. The changes never got submitted, though. I think that this is
a good change.

  Daniel

--
Our struggle freed us from outrageous oppression and created a
great nation founded on liberty. That's why today, we can punch the