jde-root-dir-p fails for Tramp (I think)

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: jde-root-dir-p fails for Tramp (I think)
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 23:29:13 +0200

Looking at JDE 2.2.8, I see that jde-root-dir-p has a special case
for recognizing Ange-FTP filenames, but there is no special case for
Tramp filenames.  I think that this leads to an infloop when finding
prj.el files.

I think that a directory is a root directory if (file-truename dir)
and (file-truename (expand-file-name ".." dir)) are equal.  Do you
think that this might work and require fewer special cases?  I think
that this would DTRT, for Tramp at least.  [time passes]  I check it,
and it seems to work.

Opinions?

I apologize if this is completely off, I've never really looked into
the JDE source code before, and I'm not even a JDE power user.

kai