Re: Dealing with strange shell prompts

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Dealing with strange shell prompts
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:35:09 +1000

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Clemens Fischer wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>>> OK.  So what about rc or rx or what is this Plan9 thing called?
>>
>> Fails, sorry. The assignment makes rc die with a syntax error.
>
> naturally.  rc has a real, but simple syntax, so it requires a
> variable name after a `$'.  but what about a simple "exec rc" instead?

That would defeat the effort to execute /bin/sh, really. ;)

I was pointing out that the attempt Kai made to work with rc correctly
failed, and suggested the right syntax to make it work...

        Daniel

--
The cost of error on an internetwork of scientists is bandwidth.
        -- Hettinga's First Law of Internet Error