Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: New Tramp with uuencode on Windows
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:58:51 +0200

Douglas Gray Stephens <address@hidden> writes:

> After you put the uuencode.el file in the contrib directory, I can
> access files via uuencode, but I needed to add a
>  (require 'uuencode)
> before calling tramp, otherwise I have the
>  Wrong type argument: stringp, uudecode-decode-region
> error message.  The contents of the debug buffer are attached.

Okay, I told tramp.el to autoload that function if necessary.

> Emacs displays the buffer as expected, however when saving the file I
> am left looking at
>  tramp: file attributes with perl:
> /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl
> as the last message, rather than
>  Wrote /plink:address@hidden:/home/gray/work/temp.pl

This is normal.  I don't know how to prevent this.  But for this
particular message, it's not that important, so maybe it should only
be printed when tramp-verbose is 10 (the default value is 9).  That
would avoid the problem, in a way.  But it's not a general solution.

Oh, the message is at level 10 already.  So setting tramp-verbose to
9 should do the trick.  (But when there are problems, please leave it
at 10 to produce the debug buffer and so on.  Thanks.)

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)