Re: User/host name completion: how to deal with ambiguity?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: User/host name completion: how to deal with ambiguity?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:12:16 +0200

lawrence mitchell <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm not sure that's such a good idea either, as I (for example)
> set up methods with the same names as the hosts I connect to,
> it's easier to connect to multitudinous hosts this way.
> For example, if I connect to host foo, then I have a method named
> foo with the hostname hardcoded in.

What makes it easier?  Do you also set other parameters in that
method, or just the host name?

You can use the variable tramp-default-method-alist to tell Tramp to
always use the plink method (say) when connecting to the host frumple.
That should achieve pretty much the same effect as your setting up
specialized methods for each host.

I don't have that nifty tramp-abbrev feature yet, but maybe your
usage could give me some ideas.

kai