Customizable pattern/action behavior

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Customizable pattern/action behavior
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:31:41 +0200

Currently, Tramp has a hard-coded list of things to expect from the
remote end, and for each thing there is a hard-coded action.  I want
to extend this to a variable which contains a list of actions.

I have started implementing this.  Currently,
tramp-open-connection-telnet and tramp-open-connection-rsh consult
the variable tramp-actions-before-shell for a list of pattern/action
pairs before the remote shell prompt is seen.

This would be the ideal place to add the infamous "host key not
known, continue connecting?" query from ssh, as well as the "tset"
prompt that some people have in their shell init files.  You just
need a regular expression which recognizes these questions, and a
function that does the right thing.

Please test this new feature.

Also, please send me various questions that the remote host might ask.
For example, what exactly does the tset prompt look like?  And what
exactly does the "host key not known" prompt from ssh look like?

Thanks,
kai