tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d + mysql.sock

From: Chris Lightfoot
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] tpop3d + mysql.sock
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:11:25 +0000

On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 12:05:31AM +0100, Vasarhelyi asd Daniel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm about compiling tpop3d with mysql support, but my mysql is at
> /chroot/MySQL, the socket is /chroot/MySQL/mysqld.sock
> but tpop3d searches only in /tmp/mysql.sock
>
> The source does not contain "/tmp/mysql.sock" string.
> What should I set/update instead of setting ugly and insecure symlink to
> /tmp/mysql.sock?

This sounds like an issue with your MySQL installation.
The location of mysql.sock is compiled into
libmysqlclient. I suspect that your chroot is confusing
matters.

You might be able to work around this most easily by
forcing libmysqlclient to make a TCP connection to the
server, rather than using a UNIX socket.

What security exposure are you guarding against by running
MySQL chroot'd?

--
 ``[Ham the chimpanzee, upon returning from orbit, was] a thoroughly
   infuriated space veteran who bared his fangs and bit anything...