tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] POP b4 SMTP

From: Prune
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] POP b4 SMTP
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:59:58 +0100

Humm....

when you pop your mail, it open the SMTP for your IP.
If someont take your IP, your smtp is an open relay....
That's why you have to stop relaying mails quickly.

Cheers,
Prune
(meet me at the Cheers tonight, la Coupole, Paris)

Odhiambo Washington wrote:

Hello list,

I have been running pop-b4-smtp with 1.4.1pre3 happily but I suspect that such
a facility can make a system an open relay even without notice. If , say one
of my users out there dials in to one of those services that are 'free' and
then does a pop, doesn't that imediately open your host for that particular
parent host to relay? By parent host I mean that particular server that assigned
them the IP to use. This is worse if that the IP is static (like a DSL
connection).

Is my idea vague.

-Wash

S y s t e m s   A d m i n.