tlf-devel

Mult List, Aliases, and Truncated Exchange Field

From: alan . dove
Subject: Mult List, Aliases, and Truncated Exchange Field
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2023 21:04:36 -0400

Hey, folks:

I'm setting up TLF for the upcoming New England QSO Party. Last year I
just used the WYSIWYG Mult feature, which worked okay but didn't
calculate my score correctly. I'd like to fix that using the custom
mult list feature. Here's what I've done so far and the problem I've
encountered. This is with a fresh build of the current Github version
of TLF.

Using Victor's CQP rules and mult files as examples, I created the
attached rules and mult files for NEQP inside New England. Each New
England state has a series of five-character aliases representing all
of the counties in it, so I should be able to log the full exchange and
have it count as just the state, in accordance with the contest's
rules.

The problem: TLF truncates the exchange at 4 characters. For example,
logging Hartford County, Connecticut as HARCT becomes HARC once I hit
"Enter" to put it into the log. It also doesn't count as a mult, unless
I add "HARC" to the alias list. So how do I get the exchange field to
log at least five characters?

          --Alan (AB1XW)