tlf-devel

Re: Moving the bandmap.

From: Csahok Zoltan
Subject: Re: Moving the bandmap.
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 08:11:48 +0100

Hi Lukasz,

Even though Tlf can be started without rig control but some of its
functionality will be limited as you have exprienced it.
To overcome this you can use rigctld in dummy mode.
Here is how:
    1) start rigctld for Dummy radio (ignore the warnings)
        $ rigctld -m 1 &
    2) check if it works by reading freq and mode (default is 2m FM)
        $ rigctl -m 2 f m
        145000000
        FM
        15000
    3) set your real radio's freq+mode for dummy rigctld (freq unit is Hz)
        $ rigctl -m 2 F 21200000 M USB 0
    4) configure Tlf to use rigctld
        RIGMODEL=2
        RIGPORT=127.0.0.1
    5) from Tlf freq can be changed either by
        a) Ctrl-F or
        b) direct freq entry on call field: enter a kHz value (no fraction,
            e.g. 21195) as call and press enter or
        c) moving around on bandmap by Ctrl-G (grab) / Ctrl-V (direction).

Hope this helps.

73,
Zoli