tlf-devel

TXDELAY used?

From: Drew Arnett
Subject: TXDELAY used?
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 17:30:03 +0000

Hi,

I was looking at the cwdaemon 'd' command which controls delay for
PTT.  Looks like TLF only uses at startup to configure this with a
config file entry:

     TXDELAY (Turn On Delay) control for cwdaemon.
     The value of TOD from logcfg.dat is sent to the keyer at startup.
     Value range is 0 ... 50 ms (0 switches PTT off completely)

Does anyone use this?  Seems like this is better as a cwdaemon
configuration item rather than something I'd be inclined to do through
cwdaemon clients.

Note:  I am not asking for any changes to tlf.  Was just considering
whether or not to implement 'd' in my own cwdaemon implementation.
(Up to now, I do not, but do provide warning that client tried to
use.)  I checked a couple of other loggers available in debian and
looks like they do not use the 'd' command.

Thanks and best regards,

Drew
n7da