tlf-devel

Re: Rules for french "Coupe du REF"

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Rules for french "Coupe du REF"
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 20:07:36 +0100

Hi Stephane,

I am just looking into your code.

The idea of your changes is clear to me. There are some problems and
questions so far:

- Any existing contest rules for ARRL10M and ARRL160m seems to be
  affected. They do set dx_arrlsections via DX_&_SECTIONS but are not
  recognized via the CONTEST_IS_ARRLDX macro. And they have similar
  rules in not accepting W/VE country as a multiplier.
  Worked sections are counted and shown in the remaining sections list
  but not recorded in the logline.

- There are some related questions to the problem. There are some other
  contests with sections and DX countries as multipliers. Some of them
  count the own country as mult AND a possible section, some (like
  ARRLDX) only the section OR foreign DX countries. We need a way to
  express that difference.

- A second question comes from the change from strstr to strcmp in
  changepars(). Is it really needed that we have an exact match? Is it
  possible for sections with 2 characters to be a substring of a longer
  one?

Anyway, your problem needs to be solved. I will make a branch for
experimentation and discussion on github from your patch and add an
issue. The DX_&_SECTION problem needs to be sorted out.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea