tlf-devel

Re: why 25 rows?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: why 25 rows?
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:48:13 +0100

Hi Drew, hi Christoph,

Am Thu, 25 Feb 2021 17:04:52 +0100
schrieb Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>:

> Re: Drew Arnett
> > Dumb question:  why 25 rows?  Sorry for asking first, before
> > examining code.
>
> I think you can start with more rows and then resize to 20 rows and it
> still works. The restriction seems to remain from the time where
> resizing the window wasn't supported. (With less rows things start to
> overwrite each other.)
>
> Christoph

Totally correct. Old display code was optimized for a fixed 25 line
layout. You would loose the bottom line with a 24 line display.

For a year or so we support vertical resizing and the bottom line is
always shown. So the warning about 25 lines should go in next release.

At the moment the only negative point with less than 25 lines is the
smaller space for the bandmap.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"