tlf-devel

Re: IC-7610

From: Juanjo EA8BGO
Subject: Re: IC-7610
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 11:28:34 +0000

Hamlib 3.3 I installed it from source.

With $ ./configure --with-python-binding it gives me error:
hecking python extra linking flags ... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl, -O1 -Wl, -Bsymbolic-functions
checking consistency of all components of python development environment ... no
configure: error: in `/home/juanjo/hamlib-3.3 ':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LIBS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LIBS = "- L / usr / non-standard-path / python / lib"
  ================================================= ==========================
   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
   for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.
  ================================================= ==========================

Otherwise, with $ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2 runs without problem.

I have made a new video, you can see that things are the same.
https://youtu.be/-IElZwiiYJE

Best regards,
Juanjo

El lun, 11 ene 2021 a las 10:55, Ervin Hegedüs (<airween@gmail.com>) escribió:
Hi Juanjo,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 10:28:09AM +0000, Juanjo EA8BGO wrote:
> Chris
>
> $ python rigkeyer.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "rigkeyer.py", line 11, in <module>
>     import Hamlib

how did you installed Hamlib? From source, or through apt?

If you compiled Hamlib for yourself, perhaps you've missed to
configure the Python binding, so step into your Hamlib source
directory, and recompile the source:

$ ./configure --with-python-binding
make
sudo make install

This will install the Hamlib module for python.

Note, for Python binding you need to install python3-dev package.

If you used the package manager, then you can also install
Python's hamlib binding:

$ sudo apt install python3-libhamlib2

or

$ sudo apt install python-libhamlib2

(guess you're using hamlib3, because Hamlib v4 isn't in stable
repositories)

The package name depends on your Ubuntu version.

Here is the site of that package:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/groovy/python3-libhamlib2

or:

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/python-libhamlib2