tlf-devel

Re: scoring the HSC contest with tlf

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: scoring the HSC contest with tlf
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 09:23:25 +0100

Hi Ervin, thanks for the reply!

Op 03-11-19 om 19:56 schreef Ervin Hegedüs:
Hi Joop,

On Sun, Nov 03, 2019 at 05:41:26PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
I have been using tlf 2 times today: during the ukrainian DX contest and the
HSC CW contest. I have managed to write a rules file for the ukrainian, but
not for the HSC.

Does anyone know how to do this? Multiplier is easy enough with COUNTRY_MULT
but how do you score points? It is 5 points for member, who send their
member number and 1 point for non-members, who send 'NM'.
I'm afraid actually you can't do that.

There are so much possibilities to control the scoring, but not
for this.

So, what would it take to have this added to tlf?

We already have ONEPOINT, TWOPOINTS and THREEPOINTS, can we also have FIVEPOINTS? Even better, how about adding points depending on the exchange, something like POINTS="NM",1. Using POINTS= would make configuration of scoring easier. We could use POINTS=1, POINTS=2, POINTS=3, POINTS=5 instead of ONEPOINT, TWOPOINTS and THREEPOINTS or even FIVEPOINTS. Of course multiple POINTS= lines would have to be possible. For example:

POINTS=5

POINTS="NM",1

Also, is there a way for tlf to automatically fill in the member number in
the exchange field, like yfktest does?
yes, I think that could work - see INITIAL_EXCHANGE directive
(where you're one example :))

Thanks, I will have a look. I am still using yfktest in the CWOPS mini CWT contest, but would like to migrate to tlf completely because development of yfktest has stopped.

73, Ervin
HA2OS

73 de Joop PG4I