tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Entry issues & key issues

From: Adam Clark
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Entry issues & key issues
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2019 15:42:41 -0700

Hi Thomas,

That's very interesting - and this past weekend I was working the RAC Canada
Day contest a bit (and I likely have some questions soon about how to build an
appropriate rules file as well) and I didn't experience the same behaviour.

However, I hope that the tab vs. enter bit is treated like an issue that
requires resolution.  I don't believe it shouldn't matter how one gets to the
exchange field - if I've put in an exchange and hit enter, I want to log the
QSO, and it shouldn't matter how I wound up getting to the exchange field in
the first place.  Can you imagine if a GUI treated you differently depending
on whether you clicked on a text entry field vs tabbed in to it vs. hit enter
to get to it, and then refused to enter the data (or cleared it out) when you
went to click OK?  heh.

Thanks and 73,
Adam