tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] CQWW - lessons learned

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] CQWW - lessons learned
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 06:12:18 +0100

Hi again,

let me write a short follow up for my own message.

Am Tue, 27 Nov 2018 06:51:51 +0100
schrieb Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope you had fun during the weekend - maybe with the cqww contest.
>
> I myself managed to work some hours in the contest on Sunday
> afternoon. Running only QRP I worked only in S&P and managed to catch
> around 90 QSOs.
>
> TLF-1.3.2 worked stable - with one exception. Switching to edit the
> log (with ':edit') and back to Tlf resulted in an assertion failure
> from the new background mode enable/disable logic introduced shortly.
> The behavior is reproducible on my side (maybe someone else can check
> also).
>
> I will look into the bug in next days. Maybe we need another 1.3.3 bug
> fix release afterwards.

The bug is found. The fix still needs some test.

> And I have another request for help. As I myself only have small
> logs with some hundred QSOs I could use a large log file with some
> thousand QSOs for performance testing. If anyone has such a file
> please contact me. Please do not send it to the list but directly to
> me <address@hidden>. Thanks in advance.

So, in meantime I got some files to work with. Thanks for the answer to
all. And sorry for the typo in my mail address above. It should be
<address@hidden>.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"