tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Introduce SERIAL_OR_SECTION

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Introduce SERIAL_OR_SECTION
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 15:09:14 +0100

Dear Tlf users,

a few days ago I posted the rule files and initial_exchange file
to this list for HA-DX contest, which will be on next weekend.

Then it was a question about the "feature" of Tlf: if I set up
the config as I wrote, and when I simulate I'm a DX station, and
put the QSO with an another DX station, Tlf show a "section?"
message for a few seconds - but the QSO will saved.

I discussed with Thomas, and he wrote this should be fixed.

So, I made a patch which fix this "problem". From this time if
someone use the SECTION_MULT directive, and put the
SERIAL_OR_SECTION too, this message will _not_ showing.

Just two short examples:

- on HA-DX I'm a DX station, and made a QSO with HA station, then
  Tlf will accepts only the section as exchange; if you type
  other string than it will stored in MULT_LIST, you can't log
  the QSO
- on HA-DX I'm a DX station, and made a QSO with NON-HA station,
  then Tlf will accepts any string as exchange, normally the
  serial number

At HA-side is not affected this problem, because the multipliers
are the DXCC countries for them.

Please if you have any freetime, download the branch, and test
it:

https://github.com/airween/tlf/tree/serialsection

or

https://github.com/airween/tlf/archive/serialsection.zip

Here is the rule file, and logcfg.dat for the HA-DX:

https://gist.github.com/airween/8253691

And remember: don't forget to put to rule/hadx_dx the
SERIAL_OR_SECTION option. After the modification you have to see
this:

21. RECALL_MULTS
22. INITIAL_EXCHANGE=initial_exchange
23. SERIAL_OR_SECTION