tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF & RTTY
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 11:27:56 +0100

Hi Ed,

Am Sat, 04 Jan 2014 16:15:57 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> On 01/04/2014 03:02 PM, FS wrote:
> > I agree that the LF after the macro could be skipped. But 2 LFs in
> > place before I find useful, to start on a clean line. 73 Fred from
> > https://github.com/Tlf/tlf/blob/master/ChangeLog 2012-10-13 Thomas
> > Beierlein
> >      * src/write_keyer.c: shorten macro output in digimode
> >    - old implementation had 5 empty lines for each macro output
> >      (1 from message eol, 2 from write_keyer routine, 1 from echo,
> >      1 from fldigi)
> >    - dropped 1 of the lines in output string
> >    - used '-n' switch to force echo to not append a further newline
> >    - simplify command formatting
>
> Well, the above is not what I'm seeing. After you send a macro look
> at the fldigi window and you will see the excessive linefeeds.

Just rechecked not only the code but also the fldigi window. In fldigi
window I see the same as in the miniterm: There is a newline before the
macro (sometimes an empty line) and there are two empty lines below the
macro.

Is it possible that you somehow mixed in a NL -> CR/LF translation or
so? That way you may see each line double.

As a further hint: did you do a test qso and does your partner confirm
the excessive newlines?

73, de tom DL1JBE