tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0_pre3 prerelease

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.2.0_pre3 prerelease
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 09:52:44 +0100

Hi Ed,

Am Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:54:26 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> On 12/30/2012 12:19 PM, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
>
> > - Is the description of the used 'cabrillo.fmt' file and the way to
> >    define new cabrillo formats in 'README.cabrillo' clearly written
> > and understandable? As I am no native english speaker please have a
> > look for corrections of the wording in that text.
>
> Very confusing what is the meaning of the 9 ?
>
> EXC2,9

From the README.cabrillo:

"The name of the item has to be followed by a comma ',' and a
number specifying the character width of that field in the QSO: line.
Items which are to wide will be limited to that width."

So the above means:

Put the second word of exchange field into the next column and make the
column exactly 9 characters wide (by cutting to long entries or by
filling with spaces).

> What about the needed Cabrillo headers ?

Switching to Cabrillo v3 and allowing the header to also be
configurable is one of the next steps before a final TLF-1.2.0.

I put out the current version to get some first feedback early.

73, Tom DL1JBE
--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea