tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] bugs in tlf-1.2.0_pre2

From: w9ya
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] bugs in tlf-1.2.0_pre2
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 07:35:23 -0600

Hey all;

If you want some ideas on how to do the various things listed below
(including the rig freq. input, flexible cabrillo output defined from
without the in-line program code, point and mult. definition from
without the subroutines, and etc....), you can check out another open
source logging program that I have been maintaining the last year or
so: yfktest.

One feature, the incorporation of coding algorithms from within each
contest's definition file (called a ".def" file and unique to each
contest) was added many years ago as coding feature designed to get
away from hardwired/in-line coding of scoring (sub)routines you
mention below. This code was authored by ws6z. To be useful it
did/does require a more robust way of combining mults and points, and
much of that work I did more recently.

To wit: I finally got to use this incorporated feature in the two most
recent contests that I added: cwops-open and uba-fd. It works fb and
might be something worth studying. The two contest files for these can
be examined in the svn code base in the "defs" folder. You can begin
by going to my website here:

< bfinch.net >
bfinch.net

Anyways, I understand the need for different contest logging programs,
and I am a big supporter of tlf even though I decided to put my
efforts towards another set of code. i.e. I find it nice to have
something like tlf AND yfktest available for a variety of useful
reasons not the least of which is to offer choice and the fruits from
such choice.

Oh yeah: I hope I haven't offended anyone with the suggestion to code
review the yfktest code for one way towards the feature implementation
you are searching for. It is not my intention to offend but rather to
help.

Thanks for reading this far OM es

VY 73 de;

- Bob