tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Compiling hamlib for TLF

From: Steve Sutterer
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Compiling hamlib for TLF
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:11:08 -0500

I am in the process of installing TLF for the first time. I see rpm’s available for hamlib-1.2.8 but haven’t found any yet for 1.2.9, so I will need to build hamlib in order to use that latest version (which has improvements for the rigs I use).

When I build hamlib for TLF, what binding do I need to use? C++? Perl? Python?

Are different bindings required for XTLF, CQRLOG, or fldigi?

Target platform is an Acer Aspire One netbook. OS will be Linpus (Fedora 8 derivative), Fedora 10, or Sidux. Rig interface will be through a FTDI-based USB to serial converter.

I’ll also be installing cwdaemon for keying.

Linux is new to me… help/advice is much appreciated.

73 and thanks,

Steve AK0M