tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update

From: Rob Vance
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] arrl ss update
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:43:57 -0800

Okay, I found the problem with the rule file where CONTEST=arrl_ss, which
should be CONTEST=arrlss.  That helps - the program seems to take callsigns
and sections without crashing or other problems.

I have reviewed the ARRL SS rules on their website.  One contact counts for
the entire contest; not once per band.   "6.1.  Work each station only once,
regardless of the frequency band."

Each contact is two points.  Multipliers are the ARRLSECTIONS (plus NT
VE8/VY1/VY0).

I have reviewed the man tlf page for the latest notes on tlf and I cannot
figure out how to set the program to count two points per contact, once per
contest.  I tried WYSIWYG_ONCE but that didn't seem to work, so I commented
it out.

So far I am getting two points per contact, once per band instead of once per
contest (the two-points-per-contact function is working just fine).  Here are
my rule settings:

# The ARRL SWEEPSTAKES contest needs a         #
# multiplier file containing the sections      #
# which are used as a multiplier in the        #
# directory you start tlf from (arrlsections). #
#
CONTEST=arrlss
LOGFILE=ss.log
MULT_LIST=arrlsections
SECTION_MULT
CONTEST_MODE
#WYSIWYG_ONCE
TWO_POINTS
#

I am sure this must be operator error and I beg your patience with a newbie.
Am I missing something?

-Rob