tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in Terminal window

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF in Terminal window
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 15:39:54 -0800

On Dec 28, 2005, at 11:34 AM, Piotr Tomczak wrote:

Hello...

I do use Ubuntu 5.10.

The problem I have noticed is that while disabling the menu and starting the TLF. All works as supposed, and did on my old distro (Fedora C3) the only annoying thing is that the F1 does not work at all. When pressed F1
I do get a Gnome Help screen. It is very stupid.
The only work around I have found is to:
1.Start: Terminal window from gnome
2.execute :$xterm
3.from the new xterm window i run:$tlf

and every thing works fine...but it is not funny to make such a stupid
work around.

Do anybody running on Ubuntu has the same problem ?
Maybe it is related to the gnome 2.12.1 ?
Maybe there is a way toconfigure the gnome terminal ?

I also run TLF on Ubuntu 5.10, but typically run it from a virtual console, not a Gnome terminal. If you use a different window manager than Gnome (I prefer ice-wm) you can probably get around the F1 behavior and there may be a preferences option to reassign the F keys.

Bob, N7XY