tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Red Hat console problem

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Red Hat console problem
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 09:04:05 -0800

On Nov 20, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Marco - IK5ROS - VE3/IK5ROS wrote:

Hi everybody,
I have installed Fedora Core 4 without X and I'm running console mode, when I started TLF (latest version) the color scheme are ok but the horizontal and vertical lines are substituted by a qqqqqqqqqqq and xxxxx. I tried to set the variable TERM but nothing to do.
The console problem was on Red Hat 9 also.
Any idea to set the terminal to working ok?

What is your $LOCALE environmental variable setting? I get this with a lot of applications which use ncurses when using UTF-8, but not with ISO-8851. I don't know if this is a bug with UTF-8 or a configuration problem, but it is annoying.

Bob N7XY