Re: [Tinycc-devel] Identifying mob build via preprocessor

From: Alvarito050506
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Identifying mob build via preprocessor
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 20:13:52 -0300

Hi Michael,

> And larger :)  I think the patch as-is is a good one (though maybe count from
> initial commit, not from the 0.9.27 release?), even though that macro will be
> awkwardish to use (and with the disadvantages you named).

I'm currently working on implementations of the __has_*() operators,
that is indeed much larger than the initial patch, but at least it
doesn't feel "wrong" or awkardish. But if __TINYC_MOB__ was going to
be merged, I think there would be no problem in counting commits from
the initial one, but I don't think it would be really useful anyways,
since the macro wouldn't be present in older versions.

> [...] note that it only fulfills the promised features if the names you put
> into the argument are agreed upon by compilers (or just taken from GCC or
> clang, as appropriate)

The second patch I'm working on does exactly that, the attributes' and
builtins' names are taken from TCC's source code (since they're
already compatible with GCC/Clang), and the features' names are taken
from the "Clang Language Extensions" page [1], because GCC doesn't
seem to specify them in their "C Extensions" section [2], but I might
be wrong, so feel free to correct me.

Regards,
Álvaro.

[1]: https://clang.llvm.org/docs/LanguageExtensions.html