Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error on Big Sur

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error on Big Sur
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 06:58:58 +0200

Hello Peng,

Yes it is known, the C library shared lib needs to be read (as with fread) to
find unresolved externals coming from standard C lib (e.g. strcpy).
Unfortunately, this lib is cached internally but no longer exists as a real
file on file system.
It means, dlopen works but fopen fails. More strange, find command finds the
dlsym somewhere but ls fails on the returned path!?!?
This requires probably a huge amount of work to support tcc on Big Sur, using
dlopen or alike.

Using tcc compiled on previous x86 macOS version and rosetta on Big Sur does
not help.

C.