Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc manpage

From: Sudipto Mallick
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc manpage
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 21:16:20 +0530

On 12/26/20, Anton Shepelev <anton.txt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that *roff syntax is simultaneosly  concise,
> writable,  and  readable,  whereas texinfo is a huge
> package with a verbose syntax  and  dependencies  on
> LaTeX  and  other third-party formatters. That said,
> *roff would be the natural choice for TCC because of
> its similar minimalist ideology, but since the offi-
> cial documentaion tool for TCC is  Texinfo,  I  fear
> your good effort will not appreciated...

Hmm. I am just asking for the change only of the manpage, not the
whole documentation. The documentation and manpage can be kept in sync
without much problem, I think.

I am new here, I do not know whose approval I need to push the
changes. Whom to ask for approval?

>> There's  also texi2mdoc which is written in C, but
>> I haven't tried that.
> That means using the makrup language  from  a  large
> system,  but  converting into the language of a sim-
> pler system by means of a C program. Everybody  will
> not  like it...  I think that using Texinfo directly
> is better.
Well... Same with the current texi2pod.pl.
except for being written in C means texi2mdoc do not need an external
dependency :-)
--Sudipto