Re: [Tinycc-devel] sugar fork

From: Antonio Prates
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] sugar fork
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 23:33:14 +0800

Thanks for the idea, had never heard of amalgamation... just reading about, seems like this could be very useful :D

Antonio Prates

On Mon, 5 Oct 2020 at 23:55, Christian Jullien <eligis@orange.fr> wrote:

Why don’t you use mod surrounded by amalgamation technic?

I doubt someone protest if you ad few TCC_AMALGATION feature test to not include files you’re already manually include.

#if !defined(TCC_AMALGATION)

#include “…”

#endif

My OpenLisp has such target which looks like:

AMALGAMATION=amalgamation

AMALTERM=term.$(O)

$(AMALGAMATION).c:

        @echo Making temporary $(AMALGAMATION).c

        @rm -f $(AMALGAMATION).c

        @cat $(SOURCES) main.c > $(AMALGAMATION).c

$(AMALGAMATION)$(EXE): $(AMALGAMATION).c

        @echo Making $(AMALGAMATION)$(EXE) from temporary $(AMALGAMATION).c

        @cp $(AMALGAMATION).c /tmp

        @(cd /tmp; $(CC) -DOL_AMALGAMATION $(CFLAGS) \

               $(AMALGAMATION).c -o $@ $(LIBS) $(LIBRARIES) $(LDFLAGS))

        @echo Deleting temporary $(AMALGAMATION).c

        @rm $(AMALGAMATION).c

As you can see, temporary /tmp/amalgamation.c (2.5 Mbytes) is sufficient to compile OpenLisp and no .h is required.