Re: [Tinycc-devel] macos: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH no longer works after cleanu

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] macos: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH no longer works after cleanup
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 17:34:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Wed, 8 Jul 2020, Christian Jullien wrote:

It is still unclear why it does not work but on macOS, ./configure
–disable-static
Now raises an error:

------------ hello-exe ------------

=== recurse /Users/jullien/tinycc/tests/.. ===

dyld: Library not loaded: libtcc.dylib

  Referenced from: /Users/jullien/tinycc/tests/../tcc

  Reason: image not found

Hmm, can't reproduce here:

% git log -1 --online HEAD
9d75f14 Fix structure passing i386 PE
% make clean
% ./configure --disable-static
Config              OSX static=no
% make
% make test
... works ...

(Note the double dash for configure options, I'm not sure if it was just a typo in your mail). And there's proof that the export from the Makefile does work, because calling tcc from the tests directory directly indeed doesn't work:

% cd tests; ../tcc -h
dyld: Library not loaded: libtcc.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/micha/src/tinycc/tests/../tcc
  Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

So that the testsuite works for me is the indication that the 'export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH' construct does work (for me). Any differences in make behaviour perhaps?

% make --version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-apple-darwin11.3.0

Ciao,
Michael.