[Tinycc-devel] -version vs. --version

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] -version vs. --version
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 16:32:14 +0200

Hi guys,

In many cases, you can replace gcc by tcc which accepts (or silently drops) gcc options.

For example, you can run "CC=tcc ./configure" to compile a project with tcc instead of default gcc.

Configure.ac may content a line similar to

CCVERSION=`${CC} --version 2>&1 | grep " version " | sed -e "s/^[[A-Za-z ]]*\([[.0-9]]*\).*/\1/g"`

However, --version is not supported and produces an error. We must use short form ‘-v’ instead.

As minor request, could it be possible to support both -version --version otherwise we have to modify configure.ac which is not always possible on many source packages.

C.