Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fwd: Re: github

From: Robert Hölzl
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fwd: Re: github
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 13:38:58 +0200

Am 22.04.2020 um 11:58 schrieb Daniel Glöckner:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 10:44:37AM +0200, Robert Hölzl wrote:
I did macOS test with the help of vagrant.

You can download any OS from their platform:
https://app.vagrantup.com/boxes/search

and its very convenient as it automates the generation and
integration (ssh connection, shared folders, ...).
And as it is a VM it is 100% macOS (no emulation with its quirks)
The thing is that the macOS license AFAIK allows the use only on Apple
hardware. There is no "official" macOS VM on Vagrant. All macOS VMs you
can find on Vagrant have been provided by users.

In another project we are using a machine provided by MacStadium, but
OSS projects need regular releases (and a logo) to quality for a free
machine. Yes, they should really consider shared hosting for projects
that don't need a dedicated machine...

Best regards,

   Daniel
On my current projects I use vagrant only for developing new features on my local PC (Although I am aware that the licencing issue is problematic). For regular testing (via CI) I use "GitHub actions" which provides legal macOS (and Windows) boxes for free.