Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add elf version support

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Add elf version support
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:01:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, Herman ten Brugge wrote:

> See the testcase 106_pthread.c. This uses a mutex in a shared memory
> (not in the testcode). This is not supported when versioning is not
> used.

Ah, I see, the old version of pthread_cond_init is used, as it should be
per ELF resolution rules (without versioning info), but of course in
nowadays time really the new version needs to be selected (and yes, dlsym
is the workaround for that, as that one selects the newest version by
default).

Okay, thanks, that explains it.

Ciao,
Michael.