Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm64: Fix crash due to incorrect page alignment on c

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm64: Fix crash due to incorrect page alignment on centos
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 14:48:51 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Christian Jullien wrote:

> Ok but what happens if s.o. configures its system with HUGE PAGE support?

That doesn't affect the user visible page size (i.e. the mmap granularity
will still be 4 or 64 KB), ELF files won't be mapped into huge pages
(except perhaps transparently by the kernel in which case the user won't
notice either).  And yes, Edmund is right, this is about how the ELF files
are generated, that's not configurable at runtime.

Normally, for accessing huge pages you either need a helper library or use
special flags for mmap (in which case it's again at the kernels discretion
to really use huge pages).

Ciao,
Michael.