Re: [Tinycc-devel] Windows x86_64 BUG, SIGSEV is not correctly handled b

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Windows x86_64 BUG, SIGSEV is not correctly handled by installed signal handler.
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 00:10:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, grischka wrote:

Michael Matz wrote:
 So let's find out what causes the difference: if you can send me ...

Well, see win32/lib/chkstk.S, at the bottom

   /* SEH on x86-64 not implemented */
;)

Huh, so even those few signals that are sort of supported on Windows are actually done through the SEH mechanism and it's not via the generic runtime environment like msvcrt1.dll? Too bad.

I wonder why the result worked under wine then, though; strange.

Ciao,
Michael.

One could try the code below instead but I would need some time to
rethink how good it is.

--- grischka

    static LONG __stdcall catch_sig(EXCEPTION_POINTERS *ex_info)
    {
        return _XcptFilter(ex_info->ExceptionRecord->ExceptionCode,
    ex_info);
    }

   SetUnhandledExceptionFilter(catch_sig);

 (I'm not currently setup to run Windows anywhere, so can't really help
 debugging the problem any other way).

 Ciao,
 Michael.