Re: [Tinycc-devel] _Generic or __builtin_choose_expr

From: David Mertens
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] _Generic or __builtin_choose_expr
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 13:03:38 -0400

I would like to look carefully at this. I tried looking at the diff between the master and the generic branch on your github repo, but it looked like a whole lot of extraneous stuff was included. Let me know after you've had a chance to merge your github's master branch into your generic branch. Then I'll try to take a look at it.

Not that I'm the world's greatest expert or anything, but I want to see how this might impact my symtab stuff. :-)

David

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 8:51 AM, uso ewin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Petr Skočík <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Are there any plans for C11's _Generic or at least __builtin_choose_expr?
>

> Best regards,
> Petr Skocik

Hello,

I was working on _Generic implementation on tcc(as an hobby)
Your mail made me want to continue my job, and yesterday I've succeed
to make something usable:
https://github.com/cosmo-ray/tcc/commits/generic

The code as it is actually is pretty crappy, doesn't respect C
standard(main difference is I can't make difference between a char*,
an int * or any kind of pointer), but should be enough for most use
case, and pretty easy to merge on mob

should I try to merge it to mob once I've clean my commits ?
maybe by adding some option like: "--with-fake-generic" ?
So _Generic are not enable by default

Matthias