Re: [Tinycc-devel] _Generic or __builtin_choose_expr

From: uso ewin
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] _Generic or __builtin_choose_expr
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 14:51:09 +0200

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Petr Skočík <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Are there any plans for C11's _Generic or at least __builtin_choose_expr?
>

> Best regards,
> Petr Skocik

Hello,

I was working on _Generic implementation on tcc(as an hobby)
Your mail made me want to continue my job, and yesterday I've succeed
to make something usable:
https://github.com/cosmo-ray/tcc/commits/generic

The code as it is actually is pretty crappy, doesn't respect C
standard(main difference is I can't make difference between a char*,
an int * or any kind of pointer), but should be enough for most use
case, and pretty easy to merge on mob

should I try to merge it to mob once I've clean my commits ?
maybe by adding some option like: "--with-fake-generic" ?
So _Generic are not enable by default

Matthias