Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc compilation on MSYS2

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc compilation on MSYS2
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 09:29:15 +0000 (UTC)

> a patch was only for Linux part . A Windows part is planed. Why it works on inux?

Because for linux it already had -I$(TOP) but for windows it does not (current code on mob):

> # run local version of tcc with local libraries and includes
> TCCFLAGS = -B$(TOP) -I$(TOP) -I$(top_srcdir) -I$(top_srcdir)/include -L$(TOP)
> ifdef CONFIG_WIN32
>  TCCFLAGS = -B$(top_srcdir)/win32 -I$(top_srcdir) -I$(top_srcdir)/include -L$(TOP)
> endif

Of course, on linux it also didn't work anyway because the tests makefiles were not copied to the build dir. My patch handled both the tests makefiles (which your patch does better) and the windows include dir, and ended up with the tests running in a custom build dir on both windows and linux. Your patch only fixes it for linux.

On Saturday, May 21, 2016 12:18 PM, Sergey Korshunoff <address@hidden> wrote:

> The mob branch does not have tests/exsymtab/* which your updated configure tries to use.
my fault. please fix it (I can't now)

> You didn't take my change at tests/Makefile, and without this change it won't work on windows (It needs -I$(TOP) because the configured config.h is there and there only).

a patch was only for Linux part . A Windows part is planed. Why it
works on inux?

you changed the code to use 'realpath', but realpath is not available
on all systems.