Re: [Tinycc-devel] .fill .rept broken by "Clean up 64bit immediate suppo

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] .fill .rept broken by "Clean up 64bit immediate support"
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:47:28 +0300

> The idea of using only tcc headers for lib/* compilation might sound good at
> first, but tcc
> doesn't provide all standard headers (and shouldn't because it's not a full
> toolchain with C
> library); it really relies on the existence of working/compatible target
> headers that also the lib/* > implementation can use.

But we can compile a cross-tcc compilers on i386 host w/o right
headers for target.
Why we stop on lib/* compilation? lib/* is a small support library for
the target. It don't use/need a full target headers.

> So, I offer two patches for you to try.  The first (removing the typedefs
> from stddef.h) is more > correct, and the second might be more compatible
> with current behaviour.

The first patch don't helps. And the second is not correct: with this
patch a produced library use a host intptr_t (32 bit) for 64 bit
targets.

My solution is better in this aspect.