Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc as compiler for tccboot

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc as compiler for tccboot
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:03:39 +0300

> In any event, it is odd to me that any software compiled entirely from source
> should care about this sort of alignment. It should leave such issues up to
> the compiler, as an implementation detail, shouldn't it?

In the source code we can ask about a section where to place result,
an alignment
of the result, but not alignment (padding) of the section itself. I.e.
how sections of the
same name (from different source code) are combined.

PS: A description of the linux initial code: a name (pointer) of the
init function is placed in
the special section. And after kernel start this functions are called.
If section padding
is more then sizeof(pointer), then there are null pointers and we have a trap

A special section for this is used to free memory after start (no need
after start).