Re: [Tinycc-devel] Alternative tokens for C-application

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Alternative tokens for C-application
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 16:45:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 6 Mar 2016, Мельников Алексей wrote:

I hope TCC already has supported some C99 options:
(Online documents "3.2 ISOC99 extensions").
And I have found this options (C99 tokens) was discussed several years ago:
----------------------------
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2007-05/msg00067.html
----------------------------
Yep.  Section 7.9, and required in freestanding implementations.  At
least it's easy to support.  For a trickier situation, I don't think
tcc supports C99 alternate punctuators yet (section 6.4.6):
Note that they have to retain these spellings under stringization, so
it's presumably more than just a quick tweak to the parsing code.
                                                 -Dave Dodge

Please, could You send me the patch? Thank You in advance.

Urgs.  Are you really using digraphs in any production code?

(Yes, tcc tries to support c99, but, well, I mean, digraphs? Seriously? If you use EBCDIC you have more serious problems with tcc I guess, and if you don't, why use digraphs? Not as bad as trigraphs, but still.)

Ciao,
Michael.