Re: [Tinycc-devel] FreeBSD compilation issues

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] FreeBSD compilation issues
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 21:46:22 +0000

Le mercredi 5 novembre 2014, 17:16:49 David Mertens a écrit :
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've had a bug filed against the tcc built using my Perl Alien::TinyCC
> package <https://github.com/run4flat/Alien-TinyCC/issues/8>. The poster
> claims that tcc cannot build viable executables on FreeBSD. I'm not a
> FreeBSD user and wouldn't know where to start, but I thought that tcc was
> supposed to build a viable executable on BSDs.

I've noticed this problem in Debian as well. I'm not sure it ever worked as
before all the tcc testsuite was using tcc -run which works for FreeBSD and
I'm not sure the lack of bugreport so far means anything except that nobody is
using it on Debian/kFreeBSD.

If any tcc users on *BSD systems is reading this: we would welcome any patch
to fix the problem.

Best regards,

Thomas