[Tinycc-devel] tinycc problems: a debug info and usage with a nimrod com

From: Sergey Korshunoff
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc problems: a debug info and usage with a nimrod compiler
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 04:46:20 +0300

Hello!
A current version of the nimrod compiler is crashed when it is
compiled with tcc. A vesion 0.8.8 of the nimrod compiler was fine. I
found the following problems when I trying to debug a nimrod
* debug info for local variables is absent. It is unpossible to
inspect a value of the local variables.
* debug info for a program start point is incorrent. It is needed to
perform a debug step before rigth info about current execution point
is shown.
* sometimes a debugger don't know about what line is executed
* a main problem which I try to debug: execution path of the nimrod is
different depending on the used compiler (gcc ot tcc)

Any suggestions about possible ways to improve a debug info generated
by tcc will be appreciated.

PS: And I try to adapt a tcc for compiling a linux kernel 2.4.37. A
version 2.4.26 is compiled fine and run but this version of the kernel
can't be compiled by a current gcc versions. A tcc preprocessor tuning
is a first step.